music

Guys, why do you listen to music? Everyone has their own reason, and not all the reasons are the same.

                I listen to almost all types of songs, seriously. Almost okay, not all. I could listen to malay, English, mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, tagalog, Hindustani. From all of that I could listen to the songs from long time ago till the latest one.

                Malay, yes of course. From the one in 90’s till the latest one. But the old one such as Exists’, Spring, Ekamatra, Spin and so many more are always the best. LIKE SERIOUSLY. I started listening to those kind of songs since I was little. My dad used to listen to those songs, and I keep listening to them till now. What’s the meaning of karaoke especially during kerja kahwin if not to sing those kind of songs? Hahaha no matter how many new songs come out, those are still the best. I still memorize almost all the lyrics and my karaoke partner has always been my dad! My best karaoke partner ever. We could choose any song because both of us know it. Even sometimes when we listen to Sinar FM selalunyalah because they always play that kind of songs kan, it’s ayah the one who will ask me the next line in the lyrics XD the best feeling.

                Nowadays kind of songs ada yang nice jugak. I listen to nasyid too, I have so many fav nasyid songs. Of course the lyrics are always the best, the one that will make you cry while listening. I like it too when a group make a song that have nice meaning, as always, but the beat is not too nasyid. Macam mana tu? Haha you get what I mean right?

                English songs, of course. People won’t believe if I say I listen to Oasis, Avenge Sevenfold, Simple Plan, Linkin Park and even Frankie Valli… why people why. Memanglah I don’t listen to all of their songs but I like some of them okay. I’m an old school type of person too… sometimes old songs are better.

                Okay here’s the point actually (what a long intro okay sorry). This happens to me, like most of the time, not that often but everytime this happens, I got annoyed. They will say like,

                “why lah you listen to this kind of song”

                “tak habis habis kpop”

                “bahasa apa ni kau dengar”

First of all, do you even know why I listen to those songs? Why they are in my playlist? You. Don’t. even. Know. At. All. I have my own reasons why I chose kpop jpop mpop or whatever it is, I have my own reason. I’m not saying I’m so professional about this thing but the quality that matters the most. There are so many catchy songs that will hook you up, but for me, songs with nice lyrics, lyrics that can motivate you especially the one that you can relate with your life are the one that will stay. I may listen and jam to most of catchy and trendy and latest song but it doesn’t mean it will stay in my mind, like all of the time.

                Especially the songs in other than malay and English. Yes, I love kpop and some jpop and I have my own favourite artist. Yes, when I say I like that group, I will listen to all of their songs but its not that all of their songs will stick to me. Like I said, the nice lyrics that matter to me. For me, love songs is too mainstream right now. I mean love to your partner boys/girls. I prefer lyrics that can relate the ‘love’ to everyone from your partner to your mom, your friend, and everyone and not specific to lovey-dovey kind of song only. That will  be better.

                I appreciate songs with lyrics that can motivate me to be stronger, to work harder, to be grateful… I love those. Because music is widely appeal to everyone. From children to old people listen to music and why not we produce more songs like that. At least everyone could get the message.

                I am so disappointed when people say like the quotation above to me. I am not listening to the particular song for no reason. Why not you ask me what’s the song is about, or maybe who’s the singer, why I like it, why I keep repeating it, why not like that instead of blurting out that I listen to entah apa apa kind of songs. I am so sad tau. If there’s a new song in other language, I WILL check the lyrics and translations first, always. Even if the song has a concept that you don’t like, maybe cutesy or sexy or hiphop, try to look at the lyrics first. The meaning. Some lyricist won’t write lyrics for no reason. And instead of judging that particular song, give yourself a chance to check it out first. Not straight away judge.

                What you have to see is the quality, and the message. That matters the most. If you are not someone who likes to listen to advice, this will help. Music is fun. Make it fun in a meaningful way. I appreciate lyricists who always think of a nice message in their song. Keep it up.

And yes, in future I will recommend to you some of nice songs with nice meaning so stay tuned 😉

Comments

Popular Posts